In Need Of A Hobby

Sunday, September 10, 2006

It's Been A While

Well its been some time since my last post. Work has been extremely busy and it takes up all my time and energy during the week. If I actually make it home for lunch I like to spend my time with Kristin instead of on the computer. I'm sure you all understand.

So what's happened since my last post?

Last weekend Kristin and I went to Toronto with some friends. It was a good time. Always nice to get out of the city. Saturday rained hard all day but it wasn't to big a deal since we were doing things indoors. The girls and took our friends son, Madex, to the Science Centre and Bryan and I went to a comic book convention. Now, I'm no comic book buff or collector. I have read the odd comic here or their but I definitely don't fall into the category as a person who would normally go to one of those. Bryan is a collector but that's as far as interest goes. This trip was pour curiosity sake. And for $20.00 bucks it was worth the one time experience. The comic world is a whole other culture I'm not used to. You should have seen the people who get all dressed up for this thing! Bryan sayed it was an escapism for this people. Which makes some sense, I just don't totally understand it.

I did however see "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, from the old school WWF and the classic sci-fi flick They Live. So that was pretty cool. And some celebrities where staying in our hotel. Leonard Nimoy was a floor below us and we walked passed Verne Troyer, the guy who is famous for playing Mini-Me in our lobby. Also pretty cool to see. Bryan and Nancie's son is 2 1/2 and bigger then Verne was.

The next was spent at the Metro Toronto Zoo. That was a great time, weather was perfect and I haven't been since I was a kid. It was great to just relax and walk around and see the animals.


That' s all 'm going to write for now. I'll try and keep on top of my daily posts but like I said...work is busy and when I have the chance to not be in front of the computer that is a good thing.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home